What is Aesthetic Dentistry?
Aesthetic Dentistry, or cosmetic dentistry as it’s also known, is a term that refers to dental work that focuses on the appearance of teeth (not functionality). Aesthetic and restorative dentistry helps improve and correct tooth colour, alignment, shape, and overall smile.
What Swedish Dental Offers
At Swedish Dental, we offer the following types of advanced aesthetic dentistry:
Teeth can become discoloured for a number of reasons from smoking to diet to sickness, and more. If you feel that your teeth are more discoloured than they were before, or if you’re hoping to gain a brighter smile, we can help you get it. Here is how our teeth whitening process works:
- We first examine your teeth, gums, and the rest of your mouth to ensure there are no risks involved.
- We treat any possible infections or cavities discovered during the examination.
- An imprint is taken of your teeth to create a mould.
- We send give you a mouthguard made custom to you and whitening tubes so you can whiten your teeth at home. The process takes between 5-7 days.
An Inman Aligner is a simple removable retainer that is used to align the front teeth quickly and safely. It can be used as a standalone treatment, to align teeth before further cosmetic dental procedures or after braces to help keep teeth in place.
The aligner itself has coil springs that gently oppose each other which helps move teeth into their desired position. Most alignment procedures are completed within 6-18 weeks, although your dentist can give you a better idea of what to expect once they examine you.
A dental bridge is a procedure to replace lost teeth. Here is how the process works:
- We conduct an examination of your mouth first to be sure a dental bridge is a safe option for you.
- We treat any infections, cavities, or periodontitis that we find before proceeding with the dental bridge.
- The surrounding teeth will be prepped and an imprint of your teeth will be taken.
- The imprint is taken to a technician where they produce a high-quality bridge.
- The dentist attaches the bridge on the prepared teeth and checks to be sure everything is lined up correctly.
Porcelain veneers (also known as dental veneers) are thin, custom-fit pieces of either porcelain or resin composite. These pieces are attached to the front of existing teeth to improve colour, shape, length, and more.
Getting porcelain veneers will take multiple trips to the dentist. First for a consultation, second to measure and make the veneers, and the third to bond the veneers to the tooth.
Why Swedish Dental
At Swedish Dental, we have years of experience in aesthetic dentistry. Please contact us for a consultation to see what services we can provide to you for a better smile.